VolunteeringSA provides opportunities to spend time with children in Primary Schools or Day Care Centres in the more disadvantaged communities in South Africa. A perfect adventure for your Gap Year or Uni Vac.
A safe, fun and exciting experience awaits you. Join VolunteeringSA and you can make a real difference to children’s lives.
Plettenberg Bay is the jewel of the Garden Route in South Africa – a stunning stretch of countryside and beaches between the Indian Ocean and the Tsitsikama mountains.
What does VolunteeringSA provide?
- An opportunity to support child development in the disadvantaged communities in Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
- Much needed support to the day care centres and creches which are full of youngsters, many of whom are suffering neglect
- Essential assistance to teachers where the classes are overcrowded and under resourced, often up 40 children to one teacher.
- Contact and mentoring from Pippa Ford – a Cambridge B Ed who has extensive teaching experience in Africa, UK and Australia.
- The chance to assist in many areas of child development in these under resourced communities including, also including teaching IT literacy, one-to-one curriculum support, sports coaching and afternoon activities – there’s something for everyone!
- Collaboration with the Bitou 10 Foundation which is a well established educational charity working in the area.
Our volunteers become part of something special as with your unique talents everyone can make a positive impact.
Nelson Mandela said, “Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world.”
JOIN OUR TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE